A CA Certificate
In order to use this option you will have to get a certificate from a known Certificate Authority (CA). Some CA examples are GoDaddy, VeriSign, Thawte, GeoTrust and Network Solutions.
The CA will ask you for a 'certificate request'. Create one following the next steps:
- 1.Go to the Thinfinity® VNC Manager 'Security' tab.
- 2.Click on the 'Create a certificate request' button.
- 3.Fill in the form below with your organization data:
- 4.The 'Common Name' field should be filled with the server+domain that will be used to access Thinfinity® VNC (Thinfinity_VNC.mycompany.com)4
- 5.Press 'Create' and the application will generate two files.
- 6.The first window will ask you a location to keep the private key file: 'Where do you want the private key file to be stored'.a. Inform a name for your private key.b. Select a place to keep it safe.c. Press the 'Save' button.
- 7.The second window will ask you a location to keep the request file: 'Where do you want the request file to be stored.'.a. Inform a name for the request file.b. Select a directory where you can find the file later on to send to the CA.c. Press the 'Save' button.
- 8.The first file is the certificate private key. It should always be kept safe with you.
- 9.Send only the request file to the CA.
After the CA validation process, place the certificate they sent to you on Thinfinity® VNC cert directory and inform the path to the files on Thinfinity® VNC Manage Certificate option (Certificate file, CA file and Private Key).